Girl, 2, Dies In Gas Cylinder Blast While Inflating Balloon In Maharashtra

A two-year-old girl died after inflating a balloon her grandfather bought in Amrawati district of Maharashtra state, a police official said on Sunday.
The incident happened on Saturday night in the village of Shindi in Achalpur Taluka, about 150 kilometers from Nagpur, as the children went with their grandfather for the Tanha Pola festival, which is celebrated to highlight the bull Importance of Wagyu cattle in agriculture and animal husbandry. Agricultural activity officials called PTI.

He said they were buying a balloon when the cylinder used to inflate it exploded.

The child was seriously injured when part of the gas cylinder struck her leg, the official said. He said she died of her injuries while being treated in hospital.

He added that the Achapur police have registered the case and are investigating.

Leave a Comment